The 1st quarter of 2011, in my faintest memory was a real busy quarter, though I really can't remember what I was busy with.. hmmm... anycase ....
2nd quarter of 2011 is a season of real mixed feelings:
April 2011:
Fell really ill. Mok mentioned that he has never seen me so ill before. Had fever, followed by a real bad throat infection. Took a course of anti-biotics, throat was restored...which only lasted over the weekend. Infection came back soon after and this time round, it viciously attacked my precious vocal chords! I lost my voice for like 2-3 weeks! Was even called "Patrick" due to the my low 'sexy' voice. It was madness! For a better gauge of the severity: I have yet to fully regain my voice (can't sing to my usual capacity yet and it is IRRITATING me BIG TIME!!) Really thought me to treasure all I have and not to take His healing and health for granted!
May 2011:
The NEW month!!!
We welcomed 3 NEW members into our family in the month of May!!!
1) Our new car!! (Quite sad to part with our Jazzy actually. You have served us well Jazzy and we have prayed that you will land into good hands!)
2) Keys to our new house!! FINALLY after almost 3 years of waiting! We got our keys to the place that we can truly call HOME!
3) And surely the most impt member! We found out that our family of 2 is gonna expand to a family of 3!!!! =)
However, new stuff also meant lotsa transitions... thus,
June 2011:
The month of handling the multiple transitions and emotions....
Month that marks the start of reno.... and the start of the frightening ATTACK of the morning sickness, which was more of a FULL day sickness. Which then evolved into a evening sickness after a couple of weeks. Which was 'good' as that made me more functional in the day, but totally useless once the clock strike 530pm!! Not forgetting the ultra heightened sense of smell which made everything nice, bad!
Looking back... June was a tough time for the family... but thank God for a strong and supportive husband who was the Superman handling most of the reno stuff.
I survived June 2011! Still having some form of evening sickness and the heightened sense of smell... but I am looking forward to my 1st proper dinner soon! May 1st tri faster go away!
So many times, in the past 1-2 months, I asked myself, "What's the point? Why did I put myself in this plight!... why must pregnancy be so long and dreary!!...etc"
But God is good and He never fails to put things into perspective.
Was having a bath 1 day, and was just recalling a conversation that I had with Mok some time back about how different our life will be in future. Everything's gonna revolve around the kiddo. At that instance, I felt Him telling me about the journey that He is gonna take us through as a family. That kiddo will teach us more about giving, sacrificial love and that life is not just about caring for our own selves. Most exciting was, He encouraged that we will be able to understand the Father's heart and love even more as we become parents.
It is amazing how a simple assurance from my Father just helped to put things into perspective-it is worthwhile!!! I will hang in there!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment