Friday, October 1, 2010

Young reckless fella!

Was warming down from my jog yesterday and I saw this young boy (he couldn't have been bigger than 6 years old) on his roller blades. We were gonna cross the main road junction near to my place. His way of blading was horrifying! He was simply a young reckless blader... He would dash across the road just before the green man comes on. Then, my heart almost dropped when I saw him dashing across the zebra crossing. Nope, he did not bother to see if there were cars coming and nope, he didn't bother to check if the cars were gonna stop for him. He just simply dashed across the road. A small, puny boy wearing a black tee!!!
He could have been knocked down just like that, and it wouldn't have been the driver's fault!
I was so angry with his parents... how in the world could they have allowed their little boy to blade on his own. He looks so seasoned (like he has been blading on the road since he was like, 4?). I don't think I could entirely fault the boy for his poor situational awareness.
Just wish some parents can take more responsibility to look after their kids. If not, maybe don't even start being one?!

No comments: