Was chatting with my buddy thamtay some time back, and she mentioned this phase: "God's Word is not a curriculum."
Been thinking about it since then. How true... many times, we treat God's Word as a course, a curriculum, wanting to cover this topic, that topic. And saying stuff like, oh, I've learnt this and that before so I'm done with this topic. But God's word is not curriculum! It cannot be contained or limited to a set of topics and headers. His word is life! His word is revelation, and one can read the passage countless of times, and leave receiving something different and new from God. But whenever we choose to put God's word in a box, whenever we choose to think that we know better than the pastor, the speaker, the cell leader, we immediately limit ourselves from hearing God speak because our hearts and ears are shut. (How guilty I am of such.. ) No doubt, topics and curriculum are important and useful in aiding us in learning, but take heed and not allow a tool to become a stumbling block or hindrance in our Christian walk because God's Word cannot and can never be contained in a curriculum.
"I am the way, the truth and the life..." (John 14:16)
His Word is life, His Word gives power and His Word sets us free!! What a need to approach God's word with a heart that's teachable and humble.
No comments:
Post a Comment