""I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)
Am reminded once again of the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the fact that I have been crucified with Him!! What a need to renew and remind myself that the life which I now live, I live by complete and total reliance in Him. The very reason why I'm doing what I'm doing, has to be because of Him and because He loved me, allowing me to love Him in return.
Experienced some discouraging events through the past few weeks, and after each encounter, I'm just left with sooooo many questions and thoughts. Where's the display of walking in love, where's the respect and self control? Why and how could such things happen time and time again?
After each encounter, I just find myself so disappointed and having to find an excuse or maybe reason to stay.
Yet, God is good and each time I come on hard upon a person, institution or even self, He never fails to draw my eyes back to Him, allowing me to see from His perspective. And I know that I need find no other excuse or reason to continue, for the only reason I need is that He has called me and I'm responding to Him in love and obedience! And even though things might be tough and even though I might feel hurt or attacked and alone at times, yet, none of these can be compared to the love that Jesus has for me. No one can comfort and assure me like He can and nothing can be too great to cause me to disobey or to walk away from the plans that He has for me. Amen!!!
So I will not be moved because of people or circumstances, but because of Him and the passion and love that He has placed in my heart.
"Therefore, since we do hold and engage i this ministry by the mercy of God (granting us favor, benefits, opportunities, and especially salvation), we do not get discouraged (spiritless and despondent with fear) or become faint with weariness and exhaustion." (2 Cor 4:1)
God, use me for Your glory and may I be your vessel that dispense your love and truth in all that I do. Help me in my weaknesses and reveal Yourself to be strong in me. = )
__________________________________________________
Watched Pursuit of Happyness with Nat and Char the day before. Was supposed to have mentor group BBQ but Mich and Nette couldn't make it in the end. Movie got me thinking of the true meaning of happiness (share some other time).
Had a fun time with the girls, and they're soooo precious and I love them so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment